Monday, March 9, 2009

Up,up and Away

Up. Up and Away

I remember when I was a kid we had a book called ''Up, Up and Away or fairly close to that title. The book was one of our first readers and we would read all about Dick and Jane and a dog named Spot and Puff the cat. And of course, father and mother and baby sister.
They were fun readers and through them brother Bill and I learned to read and go on many adventures- Books were our television and we read something everyday. We also listened to the radio and enjoyed all kinds of stories and songs. Our world was small but our imaginations were not.
I still read everyday and although I do not have the radio on often now I listen to the television and get my work done at the same time. It is hard for our Miss Sidney to understand how I do not need to see the pictures.
Faith is not seeing the pictures but believing God's word. Faith lifts the soul. Faith is born with in the heart.
---------------------------------------------------
Patience:
''Things have a way of working out.
''My father used to say.
''Do your best-And work and wait and pray.
How many times those words return?
When life's a tangled thread-
''Just do your best, today,and leave
To God the days ahead-
Some where our Master planner works,
Though how we may not know,
Things will work out
The Bible says it is so( Helen Lowrie Marshall)
huggles me, Meme

No comments:

Post a Comment