Sunday, March 8, 2009

A CLEAN HOUSE--

I remember when I first became a Christian I kept hearing the Lord telling me to clean my house-
Now some of you will know that am a happy carefree kind of housekeeper and I do what I can when I can and leave the rest.
Some might even think that I am a sloppy house keeper but Dogman has not fired me yet.
But now back to the Lord's words- Clean up your house! I wanted to obey Him but being challenged in organizing; it was very hard do - I was worried about pleasing him but I was not too happy about cleaning house either- However I decided to obey.
One day, when I went down stairs I discovered that our basement had sprung a leak and all the books that I had stored down there were wet and moldy- They were stored in cardboard boxes which acted as sponges and absorbed water and the books became useless , moldy and smelled bad.
Because books are one of my favorite things and I had many books that I had read or was going to read I was disappointed- Before I was a Christian I read anything that had words. As I was cleaning up the mess and taking books up stairs to send off to the garbage dump I discovered a particular thing-
Books that I had collected over the years that were Christian were not destroyed and yet the books from the secular world were completely damaged- I knew then what the Lord was telling me and I went through all my books upstairs and removed the useless world's books and kept the Christian books which became blessings.
We took all the books to a friends house and had a huge bonfire. I still have many of the Christian books in my bookshelves and they do not smell of mold and are healthy enough to read again and again-
Sometimes we do not understand why God is telling us to do something but when we act out of obedience He answers us in blessings. Now my bookshelves are clean and so His/our my house-
Dust bunnies don't count- :-).
Heb 13:21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
with hugs and prayers,Marilyn Christine (Meme)
Every day, every hour, every minute, God is watching over and caring for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment